[Haskell-cafe] augmenting GHC package database

Sylvester Hazel sylvester.hazel at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 28 16:27:58 UTC 2020

Dear Henning,
Your advice indeed forced Cabal to perform but it choked on
 'mingw/bin/ld.exe' when building 'zlib'.  So, I cannot comment whether
that merry run is able to produce working library, just because of ignoring
dependency constraints.
Stack has built zlib in ghc-8.8.3 which for the above purpose is useless
...unless somebody will offer a solution to my main question: how to
include old GHC Stack builds in current GHC work?
Cabal: Building library for zlib-0.6.2.2..
[1 of 5] Compiling Codec.Compression.Zlib.Stream (
dist\build\Codec\Compression\Zlib\Stream.hs,
dist\build\Codec\Compression\Zlib\Stream.o )
ghc.exe: could not execute:
C:/GitLabRunner/builds/2WeHDSFP/0/ghc/ghc/inplace/mingw/bin/ld.exe
cabal.exe: Failed to build zlib-0.6.2.2
Regards:-)