[Haskell-cafe] hs-boot and (micro)lenses

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Sun Aug 12 01:39:39 UTC 2018

On Fri, Aug 03, 2018 at 09:46:48AM +0200, Massimo Zaniboni wrote:
> I don't know Haskell lenses, I don't know GHC circular module importing, but
> I know you :-) So I tried this
>
> https://github.com/massimo-zaniboni/example-of-circular-module

Many thanks for the working example, Massimo! Interesting to see how
where to break the cycle with .hs-boot is meaningful.

They solved the problem, but due to the codebase being large/stinky
enough, I decided to go the "unholy evil" path [1].
I promise I'll choose the sensible solution from the start next
time
-F

[1] http://www.ariis.it/static/articles/haskell-circular-imports/page.html