[Haskell-cafe] hp2pretty-0.9

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Thu Aug 2 19:15:32 UTC 2018

Hi all,

hp2pretty[0] graphs heap profiles as SVG, much like hp2ps graphs as
PostScript.

I release hp2pretty-0.9[1], with support for detached keys in a separate
text file with individual label images, which lets you construct a
single key for multiple graphs, and also workaround the issue of
truncated names (running off the edge of the image) when using the +RTS
-L option.  I applied the same principle to the titles, they can now be
omitted from the images and added as captions in a surrounding document
if desired.

The examples/ folder shows how to embed the output in PDF[2] using the
LaTeX 'svg' package (which calls out to 'inkscape').  There's also an
HTML5[3] example.

Because one can now create PDF output from SVG, the vapourware plans for
other output formats have been dropped.

Get it from Hackage[4], use `cabal unpack hp2pretty` to access
examples.  Or browse the git repository[5].

Thanks,

Claude

[0] https://mathr.co.uk/blog/hp2pretty.html
[1] https://mathr.co.uk/blog/2018-08-01_hp2pretty-0.9_released.html