[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] wiringPi-1.0.1

Patrick Pelletier code at funwithsoftware.org
Tue Mar 28 18:22:00 UTC 2017

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/wiringPi
https://github.com/ppelleti/hs-wiringPi

The most significant addition in this version is the wiringPiISR
function, which makes it possible to get a callback when an input pin
changes, thus avoiding the need to poll.  In a future version, I might
add a higher-level facility on top of this, such as the ability to
update a TVar when an input changes.  (Let me know if you have any
thoughts on this.)

New in 1.0.1:

* Examples for Pi-LITEr and Fish Dish boards.

* Added piGpioLayout as a synonym for piBoardRev, to reflect the name
   change in version 2.36 of the C library.

* Addition of wiringPiISR function.  (Contributed by Satoshi Ogata.)

* Improvements to documentation and examples.

About wiringPi:

This is a Haskell binding to the wiringPi library, which allows you to
interface with the GPIO pins on the Raspberry Pi.  Unlike some other
solutions for using the Raspberry Pi's GPIO pins, wiringPi provides
access to more advanced features, such as enabling the internal pull-up
or pull-down resistors.

--Patrick