[Haskell-cafe] SublimeHaskell on SublimeText 2

Scott Michel scooter.phd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 18:08:24 UTC 2017

Is there anyone out there who uses the SublimeHaskell plugin for
SublimeText 2?

Reason for asking: I would sincerely like to remove all vestiges of
SublimeText 2 from the plugin. I suspect (know) that it hasn't worked for
SublimeText 2 for a long time and the amount of work to backport the
current plugin would involve significant effort.

For those of you who gave up on SublimeHaskell: Consider giving it another
chance. It's more stable now and I've personally been working off issues to
make it, in the words of one of the testers, "suck less." (*) It's still
not perfect -- known issues are:

- The hsdev backend starts up always. I'm refactoring the backend
management code, which will take a while, but this will get fixed. It will
also enable an enterprising individual to integrate intero and other
backends.

- Can't connect to a remote hsdev backend. Planned enhancement.

- Can't use multiple stack.yamls. Planned enhancement that could get
released in the next two weeks.

-scooter

(*) Paraphrase of Michael Elkin's comment about the Mutt mail client: "All
mail users agents suck, Mutt just sucks less."