[Haskell-cafe] Queue which tracks actual in-memory element size?

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Wed Mar 29 05:39:11 UTC 2017

Hi all,

So we have the TBQueue[1] which tracks the number of elements, but does
anyone know if there's an equivalent queue which the actual combined
size of the elements? (I'd be quite happy if it used "gsize" or similar,
but I suppose the ideal would be if I could supply a "size estimator"
function.)

It seems like an obvious generalization of TBQueue[2], but my Google-fu
is letting me down at the moment.

Regards,

---
[1]
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/stm-2.4.4.1/docs/Control-Concurrent-STM-TBQueue.html

[2] TBQueue would be the equivalent of estimating every element to have
size 1.