[Haskell-cafe] [ann] hp2pretty-0.8

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Thu Jun 29 08:48:03 UTC 2017

Hi all,

hp2pretty is a program to graph heap profiles output by Haskell programs
compiled by GHC.

New features in this 0.8 release:

* --sort size|stddev|name and --reverse to change output order
* --trace [percent] and --bands [count] to adjust output bands
* --pattern to fill with patterns instead of solid colour

The last option should help a lot if you want to print without using too
much ink.

More information and pictures exhbiting the new features:

https://mathr.co.uk/blog/2017-06-29_hp2pretty-0.8_released.html

There were also minor changes in the 0.7 release (earlier this week):

* parsing bugfix (don't use `read` to drop quotes) thanks to Pepe Iborra
* don't stroke text (fill is enough)
* use HTTPS in the packaging

hp2pretty still misses features from hp2ps including:

* monochrome output
* multipage (separate page for key)
* page size options
* header size options
* (encapsulated) Postscript support (hp2pretty is still SVG-only)

Another feature that might be nice is:

* choose font(s) from command line, to be consistent across a document

Patches welcome, or even just votes for which features would be most
useful to you so I can prioritise my efforts next time I feel like
hacking on it.

Thanks,

Claude
--