[Haskell-cafe] Yesod devel issue: cannot satisfy -package-key main

Geraldus heraldhoi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 02:34:02 UTC 2017

Hi folks!

I haven't used Yesod quite a while; now when I'm trying to run development
server of freshly scaffolded PostgreSQL stack's template I see this error
message:

Rebuilding application... (using cabal)
Starting development server...
*<command line>: cannot satisfy -package-key main*
    (use -v for more information)
Exit code: ExitFailure 1

I've found several issues on the web, however I wasn't able to resolve this.

I've tried to upgrade my Yesod binary first via `stack install yesod-bin`.
Now
I have:

stack exec yesod version
*yesod-bin version: 1.4.18.7*

stack --version
*Version 1.1.2 x86_64 hpack-0.14.0*

I also tried to comment out the test suite section in cabal file, but devel
server still fails to run.

Can someone clarify how to deal with this?