[Haskell-cafe] brainstorm help

Rahul Muttineni rahulmutt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:03:01 UTC 2017

Hi Sergiu,

Michael didn't mention arrows on his list and eta-2048 is heavy on them
since Yampa is arrow-based, so it may not be suited for this project.

You can find a console interface for 2048 here and it looks a lot simpler
with very light dependencies: https://github.com/tfausak/hs2048

Hope that helps!
Rahul

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 8:03 PM, Sergiu Ivanov <sivanov at colimite.fr> wrote:

> Thus quoth  Joachim Durchholz  at 14:22 on Thu, Jan 12 2017:
> > Am 12.01.2017 um 10:38 schrieb Sergiu Ivanov:
> >>
> >> Shamelessly stolen from the page of Eta (Haskell on JVM):
> >>
> >>   https://github.com/rahulmutt/eta-2048
> >>
> >> I'm not sure how well this fits into what you want, but, supposedly, a
> >> lot of fancy details can be left out, including those actually requiring
> >> Java (I've no idea what exactly I'm talking about here :D)
> >
> > JavaFX is Oracle's latest GUI library. It allows styling controls via
> > CSS (styling was very difficult to do well with Swing, its predecessor).
> > JavaFX is available as part of the standard library since Java 8.
>
> I was actually thinking about completely rewriting the GUI part in
> something less Oracle-specific, but, given my zero experience in GUIs
> for Haskell, I only have a very basic idea about the effort it may take.
>
> I was also vaguely considering a console interface, but I'm not sure how
> well it may work out for 2048.
>
> --
> Sergiu

Rahul Muttineni