[Haskell-cafe] brainstorm help

Sergiu Ivanov sivanov at colimite.fr
Thu Jan 12 14:33:49 UTC 2017

Thus quoth  Joachim Durchholz  at 14:22 on Thu, Jan 12 2017:
> Am 12.01.2017 um 10:38 schrieb Sergiu Ivanov:
>>
>> Shamelessly stolen from the page of Eta (Haskell on JVM):
>>
>>   https://github.com/rahulmutt/eta-2048
>>
>> I'm not sure how well this fits into what you want, but, supposedly, a
>> lot of fancy details can be left out, including those actually requiring
>> Java (I've no idea what exactly I'm talking about here :D)
>
> JavaFX is Oracle's latest GUI library. It allows styling controls via
> CSS (styling was very difficult to do well with Swing, its predecessor).
> JavaFX is available as part of the standard library since Java 8.

I was actually thinking about completely rewriting the GUI part in
something less Oracle-specific, but, given my zero experience in GUIs
for Haskell, I only have a very basic idea about the effort it may take.

I was also vaguely considering a console interface, but I'm not sure how
well it may work out for 2048.

--
Sergiu