[Haskell-cafe] brainstorm help

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu Jan 12 14:22:46 UTC 2017

Am 12.01.2017 um 10:38 schrieb Sergiu Ivanov:

> Shamelessly stolen from the page of Eta (Haskell on JVM):
>
>   https://github.com/rahulmutt/eta-2048
>
> I'm not sure how well this fits into what you want, but, supposedly, a
> lot of fancy details can be left out, including those actually requiring
> Java (I've no idea what exactly I'm talking about here :D)

JavaFX is Oracle's latest GUI library. It allows styling controls via
CSS (styling was very difficult to do well with Swing, its predecessor).
JavaFX is available as part of the standard library since Java 8.

So yes you'll need to have Java installed to run that thing.
You don't have to know much about Java itself, deployment may be
complicated though (depends on what the Eta guys did in that area).