[Haskell-cafe] 1-to-many preprocessor in stack/Cabal builds

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at mit.edu
Mon Mar 7 22:44:45 UTC 2016

OK.

If there is a simple patch which can help support your use case better,
we'd be happy to take it. However, I don't think a design like this is
the right long term plan. The correct long term plan, I think, is to do
something like ToolCabal <https://github.com/TiborIntelSoft/ToolCabal>
and make it so that you can just plug in custom build rules of your own,
which can include preprocessor processing.  This will also fix some of
our other problems, such as the fact that we repeatedly preprocess
executables even when it's not necessary
<https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/2432>

I'm hoping to take a crack at this at some point; hopefully your
boilerplate will tide you until then.

Edward

Excerpts from Andrey Sverdlichenko's message of 2016-03-07 10:45:56 -0800: