[Haskell-cafe] Trouble on Travis CI with recent cabal versions

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 08:19:33 UTC 2016

For my OpenGLRaw project, I'm using a .travis.yml generated by Herbert's
https://github.com/hvr/multi-ghc-travis and the corresponding
https://launchpad.net/~hvr/+archive/ubuntu/ghc PPA. Recently things broke
on Travis CI, and there are a few strange things:

   * The cabal-install-head package seems to be based on cabal 1.23, which
is older than cabal-install-1.24. Is this intended?

   * The OpenGLRaw package has no test suite, and this seems to be OK for
cabal-install-head (
https://travis-ci.org/haskell-opengl/OpenGLRaw/jobs/114109605#L929), while
cabal-install-1.24 fails in the "cabal test" step (
https://travis-ci.org/haskell-opengl/OpenGLRaw/jobs/114109606#L1022). This
is a regression: I think that "cabal test" for a package without a test
suite should be a no-op, at least that used to be the case.

   * Why does "cabal test" say "Re-configuring with test suites enabled. If
this fails, please run configure manually." when "cabal configure" has
already been run (including --enable-tests)? This looks like a bug...

Cheers,
   S.