[Haskell-cafe] up-to-date glfw examples

Daniel Bergey bergey at teallabs.org
Fri Jun 24 19:54:39 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-24 at 11:52, briand at aracnet.com wrote:
> cabal: At least the following dependencies are missing:
> OpenGLRaw >=3 && <3.2, singletons >=1.0 && <2.1
>
> I have
>
> OpenGLRaw-3.2.0.0
> singletons-2.1

I just pushed a commit that allows these two package versions.

> However when I went into the cabal file and replaced "<" with "<="
> that didn't seem to make the build happy.  Also, since you used "<"
> specifically I thought there might be a good reason for that.

The reason is that the last time I touched this package those versions
weren't out, and I made the conservative assumption that changes in
these versions might require changes in my package.

I figure it's no big deal if someone building my examples needs to use a
2-month-old dependency, but frustrating if what's intended as a tutorial
example fails at compile time.

cheers,
bergey