[Haskell-cafe] up-to-date glfw examples

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 21:39:48 UTC 2016

> [...] I figure it's no big deal if someone building my examples needs to
> use a
> 2-month-old dependency, but frustrating if what's intended as a tutorial
> example fails at compile time.

Well, it depends on the definition of "failed": If the examples build
cleanly in a fresh cabal sandbox or equivalently via "stack init && stack
build", then I wouldn't consider this a failure. A consequence of the
package versioning policy is actually that building a non-trivial project
outside of a sandbox will fail with a high probability. This wouldn't be
the case in an ideal world where every package author makes no mistakes and
foresees the future, but alas, that's not the world we live in... :-D

Cheers,
   S.