[Haskell-cafe] many haskell's mails are detected as spam on gmail

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon Dec 26 11:31:34 UTC 2016

Am 25.12.2016 um 23:59 schrieb Viktor Dukhovni:
> My personal
> preference, which I hope is acceptable to the list community, is
> to avoid modifying the message subject and body.

Does this also mean you cannot modify headers?
That would be bad, because having a List-Id header enables "reply to
list" and such.

 > That is, the onus
> of adding a "[Haskell-cafe] " subject prefix falls on message
> authors (and those who respond if the tag is not yet present).

I never understood why people want to mangle the subject line anyway;
the recipient is easily seen in the "recipient" column of the list of
mails. But maybe there's a reason to not have that column, IDK.

> And the list [message footer is not added.

The footer is actually nice to have.
But in my book, that's not important enough to hinder dealing with spam
filters.

Just my 2c.
Jo