[Haskell-cafe] How to report builds...?

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 07:52:51 UTC 2016

Hi Christopher,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 09:32:56PM -0800, Christopher Howard wrote:
> Hi list. Hackage cannot build my package, because for some reason it
> will only use base-4.9.0.0, which does not satisfy the dependencies of
> some of my dependencies.

There's a dependency between the GHC version and the base library
version, each GHC comes with its own base library.

In the case of base-4.9.0.0 you are using GHC 8.0.1, which is the
latest and quite new compiler version, so most likely some of
your dependencies just don't support GHC 8.0.1 yet.

For now it might be easier to stick with GHC 7.10, until more
libraries are updated.

Greetings,
Daniel