[Haskell-cafe] Find a point inside (x,y,z) -> Bool

martin martin.drautzburg at web.de
Thu Oct 29 09:01:49 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I hope this is not a too silly question. It goes like this:

Suppose I have a shape defined as

(x,y,z) -> Bool

how can I find a Point inside this shape? Obviously I could iterate through all possible x,y and z, but this appears
very expensive.

There may be no point at all at x=0. With brute force iteration I would have no clue that the False I am receiving with
(0,1,1) is caused by x=0 and I may nedlessly try all combinations of y and z without ever receiving a True.

Are there any alternative ways of finding points inside a shape?