[Haskell-cafe] Strongly typed data / API specification librares

Ignas Vyšniauskas i.vysniauskas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:06:10 UTC 2015

Hi cafe,

Does anyone know of any libraries that allow one to describe data /
interfaces (think IDLs), with emphasis on good support for modules,
strong typing and extensibility?

I am thinking in the lines of Thrift[1], Piqi[2], Swagger[3], but with
the core data specification language as decoupled as possible from any
kind of implementation related things (such as actual representation
of data, or RPC / RESTful bindings).

haskell-servant[4] and silk-rest[5] are kind of relevant, but they are
very much oriented towards RESTful APIs.

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but I couldn't think anywhere
else to inquire about this.

Thanks,
Ignas

[1]: https://thrift.apache.org/