[Haskell-cafe] Blog platform written in Haskell

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Tue Jun 2 14:59:31 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 9:49 AM, Donn Cave <donn at avvanta.com> wrote:

> Just more general.  In my case, I have content that's not wholly dissimilar
> from that, but had my own ideas as to how to organize and manage it, and
> then drupal rapidly got to be more trouble than it was worth.  For example,
> if you don't want that mechanism to announce new articles on the front
> page,
> then you can install a front page extension ... but the conflict with the
> basic design that assumes this structure creates some tension.  That's
> what I'm talking about - sure, provide the mechanisms, but don't build the
> assumptions about form and structure into that support.  So I just threw
> it out and I generate my own web pages, but of course drupal supports
> lots of stuff that I'll probably miss someday.

So what you really want is a more flexible approach. I get that. I use both
blogger & pages, as the different models they provide meet different needs,
which occasionally leads to questions about where something should go.

This sounds like something where the ability to compose functionality - as
opposed inherit it - should be an advantage. At least until you hide it
behind a GUI.