[Haskell-cafe] Blog platform written in Haskell

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Tue Jun 2 14:49:30 UTC 2015

Quoth Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org>,

> Assuming that anything that supports articles posted by users along with a
> mechanism to announce new articles qualifies as "variations on the blog
> model", what would another model be?

Just more general.  In my case, I have content that's not wholly dissimilar
from that, but had my own ideas as to how to organize and manage it, and
then drupal rapidly got to be more trouble than it was worth.  For example,
if you don't want that mechanism to announce new articles on the front page,
then you can install a front page extension ... but the conflict with the
basic design that assumes this structure creates some tension.  That's
what I'm talking about - sure, provide the mechanisms, but don't build the
assumptions about form and structure into that support.  So I just threw
it out and I generate my own web pages, but of course drupal supports
lots of stuff that I'll probably miss someday.

I don't know, maybe every web site owner really exactly wants a blog,
but since there are a few well established competitors already in that
domain, a different approach seems like a better bet.

	Donn