[Haskell-cafe] Is there a name for this algebraic structure?

Gleb Peregud gleber.p at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 09:18:30 UTC 2015

Thanks for answers and sorry for goofy definitions and laws. I didn't think
it thoroughly enough.

In general I think I was looking for something slightly less powerful than
this CRDTs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict-free_replicated_data_type

Basically I would like to find an algebraic structure which corresponds to
a versioned shared data-structure which can be synchronized using log
replication between multiple actors/applications/devices. Think if a
structure which can be used to synchronize chat room with messages or
friends list or notification panel content, etc. It should work over
intermittent connection, with a single source of truth (a server), can be
incrementally updated to the latest version based on some cached stale
version, etc. I think I need to think a bit more about this to find a
proper definitions and laws.

Cheers,
Gleb