[Haskell-cafe] [GSoC] A proposal for GSoC regarding computational algebra

Hiromi ISHII konn.jinro at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 14:11:24 UTC 2014

Hello, cafe

I am a currently an undergraduate student and will enter the graduate school on April.
As a student, I have a project to propose for the GSoC: purely functional computer algebra library.

I've been working on computational-algebra library [1], but this library needs more improvements.
Especially, it needs much more performance improvements for Groebner bases computation.
I want to implement efficient algorithms called F4 and F5 [2, 3] as the GSoC project.
These algorithms require efficient linear algebra algorithms, so this project also involves the development of efficient symbolic linear algebra library.

This project is not on any ideas list as far as I know, and I want to directly propose to the GSoC and I'm looking for a mentor.
Is there anyone interested in my proposal?

[1]: http://github.com/konn/computational-algebra
[2]: http://www-polsys.lip6.fr/~jcf/Papers/F99a.pdf
[3]: http://www.risc.jku.at/Groebner-Bases-Bibliography/gbbib_files/publication_502.pdf

-- Hiromi ISHII