[Haskell-cafe] [ANN]Haskell Rhythm game development tutorial

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 16:36:04 UTC 2014

On 12/19/2014 03:25 AM, Fumiaki Kinoshita wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've published a tutorial[0] to create a rhythm game. This tutorial focuses
> on the design of interactive, real-time application using lens, objective,
> Call package.
>
> Feel free to point out infelicities or offer suggestion.
>
> Cheers
>
> [0] http://fumieval.github.io/rhythm-game-tutorial/
>
> --
> Fumiaki Kinoshita

Hopefully I can find time to port my rhythm game to call soon.

A small comment: ‘unsafePerformIO’ seems inappropriate to use without
explanation in any kind of tutorial. Maybe point out that it's there for
simplicity only.

I also wonder whether you considered using TemplateHaskell to inline
resources at compile time: this allows us to produce a neat binary
without data files lying around which may sometimes be desirable.

--
Mateusz K.