[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Polishing [was: Missing `$` like operators in Haskell]

Giacomo Tesio giacomo at tesio.it
Tue Dec 16 08:41:28 UTC 2014

> Everything doesn't have to have an operator! We use operators a bit too
> much. It hurts readability of code when lines start looking like APL.

Probably this has been discussed already (and I'd like to read previous
material, btw, so please give me some reference), but as a long time
programmer with experience in many different paradigms and languages I too
feel Haskell a bit cumbersome from this point of view.

I mean, the language in itself is the best I know, but libraries have
different levels of quality and in general they miss organization: they
often overlap in intent and interface, for example.

Anyone tried to address this issue? And if so, how?

I can see how backward compatibility prevents Haskell to be polished, but
it's a pity.
It's like an handbrake for it's evolution and adoption!

Giacomo