[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Polishing [was: Missing `$` like operators in Haskell]

Dan Burton danburton.email at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 21:23:04 UTC 2014

> Anyone tried to address this issue?

Which one? The proliferation of operators? Or library quality? Or libraries
overlapping in intent and interface?

Haskell has two levels of "standard library" (base and Haskell Platform),
and two levels of "open source third party library" (Stackage and Hackage).
Between all the teams for ghc, haskell platform, stackage, and haskell.org,
there's quite a lot of people that have been working generally on Haskell's
library situation.

On the other hand, I don't know anybody that has been working on cutting
down on operators. (lens seems quite determined to accomplish just the
opposite.)

-- Dan Burton