[Haskell-cafe] Ghc 7.7 and some 'missing' libraries

Bertram Felgenhauer bertram.felgenhauer at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 27 11:37:47 UTC 2013

Magnus Therning wrote:
> After a few attempts I've finally managed to build Ghc from Git.  One
> thing I noticed was that a few libraries seem to have gone missing on
> the install.  Does anyone know why this is?

As far as I know, the build system will only install those packages that
are required for base, haskell98 and ghc (but not dph) packages, with
the idea that users can install any other packages without breaking
those core libraries. You can install everything using

make install InstallExtraPackages=YES

(you can also define InstallExtraPackages in ghc.mk)

HTH,

Bertram