[Haskell-cafe] IDE

Simon bergot simon.bergot at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 06:32:45 UTC 2013

I am usually an emacs+evil windows user, but the first time I tried to set
things up for haskell, I failed. I still use emacs for small scripts

I use eclipseFP for other projects for the following reasons:
- it was easy to set-up
- it has a lot features out of the box
- I can use Vrapper to get vim keybindings
- autocomplete
- HLint support
- stylish haskell integration
- unit tests support with HTF
- cabal file edition

I never used eclipse before, but I did not find it too painful. The
trade-off with emacs configuration difficulty was more than enough for me.
Thank you JP Moresmau!

On 9 November 2013 22:34, Vagif Verdi <vagif.verdi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Emacs + haskell-mode gives you:
>
> - cabal project loading, support sandboxing.
> - autocomplete (using generated TAGS file with hasktags)
> - code navigation. You click on a function and it jumps to its definition.
> - navigation of top level functions (imenu)
> - type info
> - error and warning jumps
> - import management
> - ghci
> - hoogle and hayoo help integration
> - hlint integration
>
> You can do continuous compilation using emacs fly-mode.
>

> On Friday, November 8, 2013 11:44:44 AM UTC-8, Corentin Dupont wrote:
>>
>> Hi cafe,
>> I would like to know which IDE are you using?
>> I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
>> However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from
>> early 2012. The installation process is very painful.
>>
>> There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial.
>> I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It
>> doesn't seem to recognize them. Will there be an off-line version?
>>
>> I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension
>> are you using? I'm interested in continuous compilation, project files
>> browsing, code completion, search-in-files.
>>
>> Best,
>> Corentin

Simon