[Haskell-cafe] [haskell.org Google Summer of Code 2013] Approved Projects

harry voldermort at hotmail.com
Wed May 29 18:34:29 CEST 2013

Edward Kmett <ekmett <at> gmail.com> writes:

> There should be a link from the google-melange website, but one slight
shift in focus is on either getting SWIG bindings or possibly even using
Ian-Woo Kim's C++FFI tools. Carter may be able to go into more detail.

There's almost no information in the google project abstract. My concern is
that the problem isn't generating the bindings (as I've said, that's been
done twice before). It's that Qt's slots-and-signals are horrible to use
from the Haskell side. If the student hasn't already got a good idea of how
to solve this, I fear that this project will be just generate another
unusable set of bindings.