[Haskell-cafe] [haskell.org Google Summer of Code 2013] Approved Projects

Tristan Ravitch travitch at cs.wisc.edu
Wed May 29 18:01:46 CEST 2013

This one caught my attention as well.  I didn't see any contact
information for the participants (I didn't look too hard, I admit), but
I was wondering if they had considered basing their work off of Qt Smoke.
The smoke project (http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Languages/Smoke)
is used by a few other Qt bindings projects and provides some common
infrastructure and already went through the trouble of parsing all of the
headers in a qt-friendly way.  I think smoke would have the advantage of
sharing the burden with other language bindings (Ruby, C#, and perl, at
least).

Perhaps an argument could be made that requiring smoke might be painful,
but I imagine it could be tossed into a cabal package fairly easily.  I
started playing with generating Qt bindings for Haskell with smoke if
the GSoC project might find it useful:

  https://github.com/travitch/humidor