[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Robot - Simulate keyboard and mouse events under X11

Tobias Dammers tdammers at gmail.com
Thu May 9 11:37:29 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 01:36:52PM +1200, Chris Wong wrote:

> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 5:18 AM, Jeanne-Kamikaze
> <jeannekamikaze at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Looks like an interesting library. Will it be able to read pixels from a
> > window at some point?
>
> Not sure -- I have no idea how screen capturing works in X11. Calling
> gnome-screenshot should probably cover most use cases.

I just took 2 minutes looking at the source code for scrot (which is
about as simplistic a screen grabber as you'll find), and it looks
fairly simple: it uses giblib, which provides a function called
gib_imlib_create_image_from_drawable, which does exactly that. Not sure
if Haskell bindings for giblib exist already though.