[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Robot - Simulate keyboard and mouse events under X11

Chris Wong chrisyco+haskell-cafe at gmail.com
Sun May 12 10:02:06 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Chris Wong
<chrisyco+haskell-cafe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 4:47 AM, Niklas Hambüchen <mail at nh2.me> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just started using your library to move my cursor.
>>
>> Is it possible that it ignores negative values in moveBy?
>>
>> In other words, I can only move the cursor into one direction.
>
> I did some research, and traced this to a bug in an old (1.6) version
> of xcb-proto [1]. The coordinates were declared incorrectly as Word16,
> instead of Int16 as they should have been. It's been fixed in
> xcb-proto since 1.7.

Okay, I've released a new version of Robot (1.0.1.1), that should fix
this bug. Niklas: can you try it out please?

Also, it turns out taking a screenshot is much easier than I thought.
A single call to getImage returns a list of bytes, which happens to
match exactly the internal structure used by JuicyPixels. I'll look
deeper into this when I get the time.

Chris

--
Chris Wong, fixpoint conjurer