[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Robot - Simulate keyboard and mouse events under X11

Chris Wong chrisyco+haskell-cafe at gmail.com
Thu May 9 03:36:52 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 4:47 AM, Niklas Hambüchen <mail at nh2.me> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just started using your library to move my cursor.
>
> Is it possible that it ignores negative values in moveBy?
>
> In other words, I can only move the cursor into one direction.

I did some research, and traced this to a bug in an old (1.6) version
of xcb-proto [1]. The coordinates were declared incorrectly as Word16,
instead of Int16 as they should have been. It's been fixed in
xcb-proto since 1.7.

I've cc'd Antoine Latter, the maintainer of XHB, about this bug. Once
he uploads a new version of XHB, I'll be happy to fix it on my end.

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~keithp/xcb-proto/commit/src/xtest.xml?id=f3ae971edce37ad96ef0b8a6059c1f853e88fcf3

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 5:18 AM, Jeanne-Kamikaze
<jeannekamikaze at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like an interesting library. Will it be able to read pixels from a
> window at some point?

Not sure -- I have no idea how screen capturing works in X11. Calling
gnome-screenshot should probably cover most use cases.

Chris

--
Chris Wong, fixpoint conjurer
  e: lambda.fairy at gmail.com