[Haskell-cafe] How to determine the right path to haddock html documentation?

Carlo Hamalainen carlo at carlo-hamalainen.net
Tue Dec 17 10:09:42 UTC 2013

On 16/12/13 16:01, Roman Cheplyaka wrote:
> Here's one caveat: haskell-names cannot use ghc's interface files to get
> information about installed modules. Instead, it maintains its own
> interface files. Which means that you'll have to install separately all
> packages that you need to access using the hs-gen-iface compiler, as
> described in the README.  Additionally, not all packages that can be
> compiled by ghc can be compiled by haskell-names yet.
>
> It's up to you and other ghc-mod users to decide whether this is
> acceptable.

So if I use the branch of Cabal [1] then the local database file

$HOME/.cabal/share/x86_64-linux-ghc-7.6.3/haskell-names-0.3.2.2/libraries/packages.db

will be updated automatically?

What packages are currently known to have problems with haskell-names?

[1] https://github.com/feuerbach/Cabal

Thanks,

--
Carlo Hamalainen