[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: graphviz-2999.13.0.0

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 00:04:14 CEST 2012

On 20 April 2012 03:21, Ras Far <rasfar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Ivan,
>
> Thanks for bringing Graphviz to Haskell, and for your continuing
> dedication to making it more complete!
>
> I just tried Graphvis for the first time a few days ago.  I regretted
> the absence of example code, especially as the API has been evolving,
> so that examples on the Web do not generally work without change.
>
> I see that the inclusion of QuickStart-style documentation is on your
> short-term list of milestones.  I suppose an example program is not
> quite that, but it might help.  Do you have something along these
> lines?  Or, if not, if I managed to put something together which
> exercises a good cross-section of the features, do you think you could
> include it with the next release?  I suppose there's a trade-off
> between ease of maintaining the code through releases, and feature
> coverage of the example(s)...

Well, one reason I haven't included anything like that is because I'm
not sure what to write, or where to put it!

If you're using FGL graphs, you probably want [graphToDot]; otherwise,
[graphElemsToDot] might do what you want (for which I've written an
[example], which is also linked to from the [FAQ]).

[graphToDot]: http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/graphviz/2999.13.0.1/doc/html/Data-GraphViz.html#v:graphToDot
[graphElemsToDot]:
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/graphviz/2999.13.0.1/doc/html/Data-GraphViz.html#v:graphElemsToDot
[tutorial](http://ivanmiljenovic.wordpress.com/2011/10/16/graphviz-in-vacuum/)