[Haskell-cafe] Error in cabal install of monad-par?

Rishiyur Nikhil nikhil at acm.org
Thu Sep 15 18:29:20 CEST 2011

I'm following the instructions on the CUFP "T5 Parallel Programming in
Haskell"  web page for preparing for the tutorial, where it asks that I
should:  'cabal install monad-par'.

I'm doing this on a Mac, Snow Leopard 10.6.8, after installing Haskell
Platform.
I have Xcode 3.2.4 installed.

I get the following error; please let me know how I should fix it (can reply
to me personally instead of the list, at 'nikhil at acm dot org'.  Thanks.

Nikhil

$ cabal install monad-par
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring monad-par-0.1.0.1...
Preprocessing library monad-par-0.1.0.1...
Building monad-par-0.1.0.1...
Control/Monad/Par/Internal.hs:4:15-71:
    unknown flag in  {-# OPTIONS #-} pragma: -fno-warn-unused-do-bind
monad-par-0.1.0.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1