[Haskell-cafe] static analysis (call graph) tools?

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:02:56 CEST 2011

On 15 September 2011 21:40, Johannes Waldmann
<waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:
> Dear Cafe,
>
> what tools are there for static analysis of Haskell programs?
>
> I mean simple things like the call graph (who is calling whom).
> Which are, of course, not that simple because of higher order functions.

I just answered a similar question on StackOverflow a few hours ago:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7427094/generate-diagrams-for-haskell-code/7427813#7427813

As far as I know, my SourceGraph program is the closest to being
"correct", but it's definitely not complete.  I have plans for
updating it (e.g. splitting out the notion of a call-graph into
another library and also providing backends for language-c,
language-python, etc.) but time is limited at the moment...

> Do leksah/eclipsefp(/ghc api) have something like
> "show all uses of an identifier" (eclipse: "open call hierarchy")
> (with correct handling  of scoping and modules)?

EclipseFP now has support for SourceGraph:
http://serras-haskell-gsoc.blogspot.com/2011/07/sourcegraph-on-eclipsefp.html

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com