[Haskell-cafe] Erlang's module discussion

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Sat May 28 19:34:24 CEST 2011

Tom Murphy <amindfv at gmail.com> writes:

Modules tend to group togheter data structures and functions that
operate on them - i.e. natural units of code.  So I think modules are
good also for didactical reasons, in that module imports limit the scope
a reader needs to know to understand the code.

I don't know Erlang, but I notice that one example doesn't apply - we
can hide sub-functions in let/where constructs.

>      Before you dismiss it as crazy, know that the topic was brought
> up by Joe Armstrong

Being brilliant doesn't mean the absence of mental bad hair days, but
merely that they happen more rarely than for the rest of us. :-)

Anyway, it's an interesting idea.

-k