[Haskell-cafe] Erlang's module discussion

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Tue May 31 07:18:34 CEST 2011

On 5/28/11 10:11 AM, Alex Rozenshteyn wrote:
> Since no-one has yet mentioned it, and I think it might be relevant,
> http://types.bu.edu/seminar-modularity/first-class-modules-for-haskell.pdf
>
> I haven't read it with any degree of understanding, but I don't think
> it's tractable to remove modules from haskell, nor desirable.

Aww... I read that paper and got really excited thinking, "Wow!  I
didn't realize that people were working on that;  I wonder when I'll get
to play with it!", and then I saw the paper was written for a seminar
that took place in 2002, so I guess the idea just didn't pan out...

Would anyone involved in the matter want be so kind as to fill me in on
how that particular story ended (i.e., why everyone gave up it)?

Thanks!
Greg