[Haskell-cafe] Haskell for children? Any experience?

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 02:15:02 CET 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 16:40 +0100, klondike wrote:
> Two days ago I was referred to this project:
> http://wizbang.sourceforge.net/WizBang/WizBang.html The language is
> quite imperative but to me looks as a child friendly programming
> language due to its low complexity.

Thanks for this and other related suggestions.  Really, though, I'm not
looking to find a new language; and almost surely not one like WizBang.
I do want to keep things light, interesting, and fun... a DSL inside of
Haskell might be interesting.  But the absolute last message I want to
send is that I don't think they are ready for a real language.  Not
after they've already played with Haskell and GHCi for mathematics!

--
Chris Smith