[Haskell-cafe] Haskell for children? Any experience?

klondike klondikehaskellcafe at xiscosoft.es
Thu Jan 27 16:40:55 CET 2011

El 27/01/11 16:04, Chris Smith escribió:
> To be honest, as much as I love Haskell, I tried to push the idea of
> learning a different language; perhaps Python.  So far, the kids will
> have none of it!  This year, I've been teaching a once-a-week
> exploratory mathematics sort of thing, and we've made heavy use of
> GHCi... and they now insist on learning Haskell.
Having had programming classes by then would have meant more happiness
and not touching my BASIC calculator :'-)

Two days ago I was referred to this project:
http://wizbang.sourceforge.net/WizBang/WizBang.html The language is
quite imperative but to me looks as a child friendly programming
language due to its low complexity.