[Haskell-cafe] If you'd design a Haskell-like language, what would you do different?

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Tue Dec 27 01:02:39 CET 2011

Quoth Hans Aberg,
> For example, I set one entry so that typing x |-> a becomes x ↦ a, the
> TeX \mapsto, in Unicode ↦ RIGHTWARDS ARROW FROM BAR U+21A6.
>
> It might be tedious to make a lot of entries, though, but something to
> start with.

Something to finish me with, too.  I wouldn't be able to do much
in a programming world that used glyphs like that.  My vision
isn't perfect, but I think it's within a fairly normal range,
and it isn't good enough to decode a lot of hieroglyphics at
normal font size at reading speed.

The ASCII limit of 100 or so normal characters may be a barrier
to expression, but it's a boost to comprehension.

	Donn