[Haskell-cafe] only anecdotal .... not a proof of a trend ...

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 04:27:49 CEST 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 21:27, Vasili I. Galchin <vigalchin at gmail.com>wrote:

> From the context of #2, I can tell the author didn't mean all of the "?"'s
> but instead maybe "!".

More likely — or • and they got remapped to ?s by incorrect encodings.

> The OS QNX is a hard real-time OS that uses a message passing IPC. I have
> worked QNX and have written a device driver for QNX.
> (...)

attending non-determinism. No "OS function calls" seems way over the top.

It's not over the top; it's traditional embedded device programming, where
there isn't an OS available, just a simple BIOS (and I don't mean the MS-DOS
one).  I suppose kids these days expect even embedded environments to be
fairly high end CPUs with full memory management and full OSes... nope.
 There's even still ladder logic out there — and at least one recent Haskell
package aimed at programming for it.