[Haskell-cafe] Haskellers.com skills list moderation?

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 06:48:57 EDT 2010

On 20 October 2010 21:38, John Lato <jwlato at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Cabal, packaging, build and distribution tools
>
> This should be two categories: "Cabal internals" and "Software
> packaging/distribution tools".  Keep Cabal internals, possibly keep the
> other

What does "Cabal internals" refer to?  Actually using Cabal as a
library?  Developing Cabal itself?

>> Fault Tolerant Server Software
>>
>> Mathematics
>
> drop (possibly keep FTSS, maybe change the name)

Why drop mathematics?  (I'd prefer it to be split up, but
mathematically-oriented programming is a large/important subset of
Haskell "skills" IMHO, though I admit I'm biased).
>> UNIX Scripting and Tool Authoring
>
> keep as "UNIX Scripting"

What's wrong with "Tool Authoring"?  To some, scripting implies
quick+dirty temporary applications/scripts as opposed to a
well-engineered tool.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com