[Haskell-cafe] Papers discussing interpreters for call by need?

David Sabel sabel at ki.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Wed Nov 17 16:10:10 EST 2010

As a starting point I would suggest
Peter Sestoft : Deriving a lazy abstract machine, Journal of Functional
Programming 7(3), 1997
( http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.50.4314 )
Different abstract machines for call-by-need evaluation are built
starting from Launchburys natural semantics,
the alpha renaming problem is discussed and solved by using environments
and at the end by using a nameless
representation for variables.

Regards,
  David