[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell and scripting

Limestraël limestrael at gmail.com
Wed May 5 16:29:30 EDT 2010

Yes, the xmonad approach is very neat, but I see 2 major (IMO) drawbacks to
it:
1) The end-user has to have GHC, and all the necessary libraries to compile
the configuration
2) A scripting language should be simple and QUICK to learn : Haskell is
clean, powerful but its learning takes time

Uwe, I noticed kind of recently the haskeem package, I have not tried it yet
and I didn't know its usability. If you say it's not made for that, then I
believe you.