[Haskell-cafe] Re: building "encoding" on Windows?

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 06:00:58 EDT 2010

Tillmann Rendel <rendel at informatik.uni-marburg.de> writes:
> On http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/contents.html, someone wrote:
>> The Haskell Platform is a comprehensive, robust development
>> environment for programming in Haskell. For new users the platform
>> makes it trivial to get up and running with a full Haskell
>> development environment
> Given
> (1) The Haskell platform aims to provide a complete Haskell development
>     environment.

Define "development environment".

> (2) A complete Haskell development environment contains a C development
>     environment.

I don't think this is a logical premise.

> Joachim Breitner wrote in an otherwise unrelated thread:
>> (with his Debian-Haskell-Group member hat on)
> Is there a Windows-Haskell-Group promoting and facilitating Haskell on
> Windows?

In a sense, I wish there were: too often it seems that Windows users
complain about X either not working or not being available on Windows
(where X is some Haskell library/application/etc.).  Maybe if there was
a semi-official Windows-Haskell group of "package maintainers", this
kind of stuff could be alleviated (through the use of testing, creating
installers, etc.).  The same goes with Mac OSX.

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com