[Haskell-cafe] Re: building "encoding" on Windows?

Tillmann Rendel rendel at informatik.uni-marburg.de
Tue Mar 30 05:53:21 EDT 2010

On http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/contents.html, someone wrote:
> The Haskell Platform is a comprehensive, robust development
> environment for programming in Haskell. For new users the platform
> makes it trivial to get up and running with a full Haskell
> development environment

Given

(1) The Haskell platform aims to provide a complete Haskell development
     environment.

(2) A complete Haskell development environment contains a C development
     environment.

I conclude

(3) The Haskell platform aims to provide a C development
     environment.

I have been told that every non-Windows OS comes with a C development
environment anyway, so this may be only true on Windows. But on Windows,
I think it is true, and the Haskell Platform *for Windows* should
contain a C development environment. So how can I help?

Joachim Breitner wrote in an otherwise unrelated thread:
> (with his Debian-Haskell-Group member hat on)

Is there a Windows-Haskell-Group promoting and facilitating Haskell on
Windows?

   Tillmann