[Haskell-cafe] Syntax programming with lexemes rather than trees?

Max Rabkin max.rabkin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 07:25:28 EDT 2010

[Sorry for the accidental off-list reply, Neil]

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> It actually sounds like your representation has structure, but you
> dislike structure because it's hard to work with.

It seems to me like the data has structure, but that data is not
treelike! Is a performance a collection of measures or a collection of
instruments? A tree-like structure makes you choose, but in truth it
is both. I'm not sure I've seen a good solution to this kind of
problem in FP.

--Max