[Haskell-cafe] Announce: hs2dot 0.1.1 - generate graphviz code by analyzing Haskell source code files

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 18:14:42 EDT 2010

Oscar Finnsson <oscar.finnsson at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I've just released hs2dot on hackagedb.
> It's a small tool that lets you automatically generate graphviz/dot
> code that visualize the relations between data types, types and type
> classes.

This sounds very familiar to my SourceGraph package that's already on

You, however, also add the type signatures to your graph; I have the
sneaking suspicion that this could get too noisy if you also try to
visualise functions in a large module.

> The tool is still far from complete. Better handling of algebraic data
> types and instance declarations are a must. GADTs, data families and
> type synonym families are not yet implemented so they wont turn up.

I, too, still haven't worked out how to deal with GADTs, etc. in my call

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com